Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chat

a tidy home,
a sleeping child.
this will make
a mother mild.



After posting yesterday, I spoke to my sister
(she has two little girls, a bit older than mine).
We compared notes.
It was nice to hear that all children go though this.
I'm not crazy, she's not bad - it's just a phase.

When she (Little One, not my sister) was tiny, I used to wish for a Baby Fairy to show up at those times in the middle of the night when you weren't sure if you'd done it all and done it right.
She would tap you on the head with her wand and say "All is well, my dear. Now offfff to bed with you!" (you'll have to imagine the trilling voice) and you'd go and sleep and so would baby and it would be fine.

It would be nice to have a Toddler Fairy, too. And maybe I do, in a way, in my husband (who is off on a business trip and so was spare last night's tantrumming), my sister, my friends, my mother, my MIL. All experienced, supportive and likely to be sane when I call. It is so easy to forget that everyone has these tough moments and to wallow in them like I did yesterday, instead of reaching out for a hand. I should have called a friend right away... A Mummy Fairy, in a manner of speaking.

This morning, Little One woke up and was no worse for wear - she didn't even mention it, actually. And this is a child who is still showing off a "cut" she got three months ago. So that's OK, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment